Scatter my ashes here...

Scatter my ashes here...
scatter my ashes in the desert...

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Day 14: Two Hours of Torture

I thought it would never end. I met Colleen at 7:30 this morning and we took off north around downtown and up Mountain Avenue to City Park, then back through Old Town and south to the area where we both live. I could barely keep up with her, and I kept needing walk breaks. Colleen is only 3 weeks away from her first 50 miler and I can tell how much stronger she is since the last time we ran. She should have a great race.

About 10 1/2 miles later I had 2 hours on my watch, 2:00:25 to be exact, and I was done. I saw my neighbor as I was winding down and I asked her to please shoot me.

I don't know where it went but ever since I got sick I just don't have it...

It's supposed to be a nice weekend. I hope I feel better tomorrow because Emma and I have plans to run trails up at Horsetooth, and it will be all hills. If nothing else, I can get some good photos.

I need to practice taking naps this weekend. The same piles of work are on either side of my desk and haven't gotten any shorter. Looking for a productive work week next week.

No comments: